NEW 2017 - No need to Register your Caddie
Caddie services are permitted during the Championship Finals, however, there are no local
caddie services offered at the Hot Springs Village. Players must arrange and pay for their own
Caddies should plan to attend the Caddie Meeting on Thursday, Oct. 5th from 8:00 AM - 8:30 AM in the Woodland Auditorium at Ponce de Leon Center.
Caddies should plan to attend the Player Rules Meeting on Thursday, Oct. 5th from 8:30 AM - 9:30 AM in the Woodland Auditorium at Ponce de Leon Center.
- Arrive at the golf course well in advance of starting time.
- Advise player(s) if bag(s) contain more than 14 clubs.
- Take note of assortment and make of clubs.
- Advise player if club(s) seem to be missing.
- Observe brand and numbering of balls in play.
- Include towel, wetting one end, for use in cleaning balls and club-heads.
- Bring umbrella and extra towel when necessary.
- Follow the flight and roll of all balls as long as possible.
- Mark off-line shots by placing a towel, hat or golf bag near ball.
- Determine approach-shot yardage as players walk to balls.
- Arrive promptly at player's ball before the player.
- Retrieve and replace divots — without bag(s) on shoulder.
- Rake bunkers evenly and completely, exiting at the low end.
- Wipe clubs clean (with wet towel) after each shot.
- Keep golf bag in tow until player reaches green.
- Hand player putter as soon as ball is on green.
- Bring damp towel to putting green to clean player's ball.
- Be prepared to attend flagstick if requested.
- Remove and replace flagstick gently.
- Do not touch any player’s ball in play without that player’s authority.
- Share bunker raking duties so that flagstick is promptly attended.
- Check bag(s) for proper number and model of clubs.
- Clean clubs — including grooves.
- Place or store clubs where player wishes.
- Offer input to player such as club choice or line of putt only when asked.
- In general, speak only when spoken to.
- Stand still and hold clubs still while players play their shots.
- Stay clear of player's line of sight.
- Stand and place the bag to the ball side of the player — not directly in front of or behind her.
- If indicating line of putt, do not touch the putting green with a club, foot, flagstick, finger, etc. (Rule 8-2b)
- Do not improve a player's lie, area of intended stance, swing or line of play by holding, removing, pressing down or bending branches, boundary markers, sand, soil, replaced divots or immovable obstructions. (Rule 13-2)
- Do not rake any area in the bunker where the player’s ball lies until after the player makes the stroke. (Rule 13-4/Exception 2)
- Avoid accidentally or purposely stopping or deflecting your player's ball in motion. Do not let your player's ball hit you or the equipment while in motion. (Rules 1-2,19-2)
- While your player is making a stroke, do not lend physical assistance or provide protection from the elements (e.g. wind, rain, sun). (Rule 14-2)
This is not an exhaustive list of the Rules applicable to caddies but merely the ones most
likely to be observed. A caddie is required to be familiar with all applicable rules, including
those stipulated by the Committee in charge of the event.