The EWGA Championship started in 1995. It has grown to be the largest women’s amateur golf competition in the world and we want YOU to be a part of the fun and excitement. Members of all skill levels are encouraged to compete so give the Championship a try and put your game to the test!
STAGES OF THE EWGA CHAMPIONSHIP
The EWGA Championship offers two different competitive formats: Stroke Play Competition and Inter-Chapter Team Scramble Competition. You select the competitive format that best ﬁts your game, personality and skill level.
- The Chapter Championship, an 18-hole local qualifying round held at each Chapter location
- The Semi-Final Championship, an 18-hole round held at 15 venues from June – August
- The EWGA Championship Finals, a two-day, 36 hole event held on October 6 - 7, 2017
STROKE PLAY COMPETITION
Stroke play competitors play in one of ﬁve ﬂights at the Chapter Championship qualifying event based upon their USGA Handicap Index.
||0.0 to 12.0
||12.1 to 19.0
||19.1 to 25.0
||25.1 to 32.0
||32.1 to 40.4
Chapter scramble teams consist of four (4) women who meet the eligibility requirements to play in the EWGA Championship. The team “handicap factor” is established based on the USGA Handicap Index of all four players.
TO QUALIFY, EWGA MEMBERS MUST:
• Follow the registration guidelines distributed by your local Chapter
• Be a female, EWGA member in good standing*
• Have a veriﬁable USGA Handicap Index and have an equivalent of two 18-hole scores posted to your handicap record in the current year, prior to the handicap cut-off date for their respective Chapter Championship
• Be an amateur golfer as deﬁned by USGA Rules of Amateur Status
*EWGA Gender Policy applies